“Allure of natural beauty”
Warm azure ocean, swaying coconut palms on white sandy beaches are to be found in the Mombasa Marine National Park and Reserve. The park lies between the Mtwapa and Tudor Creeks and its blue waters are ideal for wind surfing, water skiing, snorkelling and diving. They also provide a home to a colourful variety of marine species including crabs, starfish, stone fish, cucumbers sea urchins, corals, turtles, sea grasses and interesting migratory birds including crab plovers.
Protected Area Type
What to take with you
- Footwear, e.g. sandals or flip flops (to protect your feet from the reef)
- T-shirts (to protect your body from sunburn)
- Snorkel, mask, fins, all of which are available for hire
- Camera, hat, sunscreen, insect repellant
- Guide books
- Plenty of drinking water
- A friend(s)
How to get there
- Sited in the city of Mombasa about 487 km from Nairobi, the park can be reached by road from Mombasa city centre, and then connected by boat from the various points along the beach which include: Serena Gate on beach of Serena Hotel, Severin Gate on beach of Severin Hotel, Travellers Gate on beach of Travellers Hotel, Nyali Gate at Mombasa Marine Park Headquarters and Voyager Gate at Voyager water sport Area
- Sea grasses and marine algae
- Crabs, corals, sea urchins, jellyfish, sea stars, and sea cucumbers.
- Different varieties of coral species comprise of Acropora), Turbinaria and Porites.
- There are many seabirds in large nesting colonies and internationally significant numbers of crab plover and roseate tern.
Park Entry Fee
Mombasa Marine National Park & Reserve
Non - Resident
* Kindly refer to the KWS Conservation Fees document below for other services and charges.
* Mode of payment; Pay for your entry to any of our Parks or Reserves via eCitizen government platform.
* Create a personal account on the eCitizen Government platform by visiting https://kws.ecitizen.go.ke and make park payments in advance for a fast and convenient park entry.
+254 20 2317371
Mombasa Marine National Park,