“The Coral Garden”
From swimming with zebra fish to windsurfing, this beautiful slice of Kenya’s Indian Ocean coastline is provides the perfect getaway. The park is endowed with magnificent resources such as fringing reefs, coral gardens in the lagoons, sea grass beds, mangroves, mudflats, marine mammals, turtles and various species of shorebirds. Visitors can also enjoy glass bottom boat rides, snorkelling, camping and beach walks in this veritable paradise.
- Prolific marine life includes crabs, corals, sea urchins, jellyfish, sea stars, and sea cucumbers. Different varieties of coral species comprise of Acropora), Turbinaria and Porites
Protected Area Type
What to take with you
- Footwear, e.g. sandals or flip flops (to protect your feet from the reef)
- T-shirts (to protect your body from sunburn)
- Snorkel, mask, fins, all of which are available for hire
- Camera, hat, sunscreen, insect repellant
- Guide books
- Plenty of drinking of water
- A friend(s)
How to get there
- By Road: Malindi Marine National Park is situated on Kenya’s magnificent Indian Ocean coastline, Malindi town, some 110 km North of Mombasa
- By Air: Malindi Airport is your arrival point
- Magical Island
- Clean oceanic beach & warm water
- Sea turtles
- Benthic cover
Park Entry Fee
Malindi Marine National Park & Reserve
* Kindly refer to the KWS Conservation Fees document below for other services and charges.
* Mode of payment; Pay for your entry to any of our Parks or Reserves via eCitizen government platform.
* Create a personal account on the eCitizen Government platform by visiting https://kws.ecitizen.go.ke and make park payments in advance for a fast and convenient park entry.
Malindi Marine Park,